Waxing Aftercare Advice
Please note: A small amount of soreness and redness can occur after waxing, especially if it is your first wax. Symptoms will naturally subside over the next 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, apply a cold compress. If it does not improve please do not hesitate to contact me on: 07743 950463 and/or contact your GP immediately.
For the first 24 – 48 hours after the treatment, please keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction, this means:
- No hot baths, showers or saunas.
- No use of swimming pools, hot tubs, massage or steam treatments.
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tanning)
- No sport, gym or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
- Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products other than those recommended by your therapist.
After 24-48 hours:
- Moisturise every day to keep the skin supple and help keep new hairs grow through normally. Don’t exfoliate too much or too rough as this can graze the skin and cause ingrown hairs.
- You may notice a small amount of re growth after a week or so. It can take up to 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives the best results.
- Please do not shave between appointments. If the hair is growing faster than expected and is more than 1/8th of an inch please reschedule or book another appointment.
To maintain a smooth appearance, regular waxing is recommended every 4-6 weeks.