GEL POLISH AFTERCARE ADVICE
The first 24-48 hours are crucial to the to ensure that lifting or chipping does not occur so please follow the advice below.
To get the best possible lasting results please continue to follow the advice after the 24-48 hours.
If any irritation or reaction occurs within 24 hours then please contact Emilie or your GP immediately.
- Please avoid intense on the nails 24 hours after treatment.
This includes baths, showers, hair washing, sunbeds, saunas as they can fade the colour and contribute to lifting.
- Always wear gloves
When doing tasks such as housekeeping and gardening to protect your hands and nail enhancements from harsh chemicals.
- Never use your nails as tools!
Picking tables off and finding the end of the tape can really ruin the gel polish so please use something like an
old credit card to do this!
- Ensure you always have gel polish and acrylic nails professionally removed.
If you try to peel and pick them off yourself you will damage your natural nails.
- Make sure that you dry your hands thoroughly after washing them.
- Please use the correct cuticle oil as some can cause premature lifting.
- If any lifting does occur please do not pick at it or attempt to fix it yourself.
Please visit or contact Emilie where we will be able to advise you further.
- Avoid using products on the hands containing Lanolin as they can cause lifting.
- Always wash hands thoroughly after applying sun cream, self-tanning, body lotions and hair colouring products as these can cause lifting and distort the colour.